Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flummoxed
Sep 21, 2005
I came out of The Quiet War with the odd feeling that i'd enjoyed it, but that perhaps not to the extent that it had been worth the effort it took to read it. The political wrangling was interesting and represented the greatest strength of the book, but it was light on action, the tech was surprisingly unengaging, and the Outers difficult to sympathise with (which left a bit of a 'so what?' taste to the whole affair).

I also read the follow-up, Gardens of the Sun, which is even more of a mess storywise and definitely not recommended if you're on the fence after the first book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread