Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Fallom posted:

That's a shame, because he definitely could've used some great recurring characters from the first novel and kept up with the McDevitt-style mysteries-in-space theme.

A fellow McDevitt fan, maybe you can recommend some of his books to me. So far I have only read Seeker and Polaris. But he has so many other ones as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

They're probably not "Space Opera" but are the John Scalzi "Old Man's War"/etc worth reading? Looking for some good siffy lately.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Having limited time I wanted to ask this thread which of these books I should start with (I'm a compulsive buyer and have more books than I think I'll even read in the next year). I loved Seeker but would like to switch it up, especially after reading the boring yet highly detailed Feersum Endjinn.

Leviathan Wakes - James Corey
Polaris or Firebird - Jack McDevitt
Old Man's War - John Scalzi

Any suggestions?

• Locked thread