Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

Etherwind posted:

Dude, get over it. It really wasn't even your argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

I like what your idea has become, I almost want to steal that scenario and run it myself.

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

Does anybody have any ideas to help while playing with a small group of people? I'm going to start running a weekly game of Pathfinder for my sister and brother-in-law tomorrow, and beyond keeping the number of enemies small in battles, I'm kind of unsure what adjustments to make other than to use common sense.

The only reason I ask is because my brother-in-law is really quick to say that he has had horrible luck with small games in the past. I think they can work just fine, but maybe I'm missing some big pitfalls.

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

I'd have no problems if things went that way. I'm kind of worried that they might think a small game will be boring simply because they aren't used to playing games that involve much roleplaying or improv style scenarios. (In other words, they are only thinking about combat.)

My take on gaming is definitely more collaborative/narrative than theirs. I'm planning to plug in some things like drama cards and pre-game background discussion to get them more in a story telling atmosphere, but I'm not sure how well they'll take to it. Hopefully I can show them the fun, improvisational roleplaying side of things.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if their hesitation was growing out of this disparity or if there were other small game hazards I should watch out for.

Crudus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 10, 2012

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

How is his CMD? Maybe a few enemies trying to tackle/trip him or shove him around might make things more exciting without directly going against his AC.