Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

masam
May 27, 2010
So I'm getting back into the GM arena after a several month hiatus. Being mostly familiar with 3.5 and Pathfinder, with some fledgling attempts at slightly more modern games, I decided to stick with what I know and chose 3.5 with a twist. I went and found the Avatar: The last airbender mod of the game, and am completely drawing a blank with ideas to throw into a loose outline of a plot. Currently I have one of each bending type, we're using the stuff from http://www.scribd.com/doc/58731271/Avatar-the-Last-Airbender-D20 and http://www.scribd.com/doc/36548716/Avatar-the-Last-d20-Supplement-MAIN-SOURCE. We're using the Bending from "the last D20 supplement" and carrying over some of the feats and creature blocks from the first link. Does anyone have any experience with this fan made hack, and if so, any suggestions for an engaging outline and keeping the currently 4 different benders challenged in combat? They asked for near canon setting so I can have fun using different DnD races as "spirit" creatures just with the different description and such but that's all i've got for the moment. What do you guys do when you get writers block for your campaigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masam
May 27, 2010
It's set after both shows, Korra's second season included, long enough for there to be air benders that are while rare, less of a scene causing sensation. I'm looking more towards a mature game, with the occasional adult theme, still focused on the adventure and the awesomeness of bending and technology. I'm thinking maybe 1930's to 40's? a bit of a tech jump but still focused on the themes within both shows.

masam
May 27, 2010
Do an opening session where they appear out of nowhere in a kingdom or town under attack by something they can totally take on, that gives them a reputation boost and have a noble or someone come out of nowhere to challenge them with a title and plot of land on the line or back them since they took care of “blank” problem besieging his lands.

Have a tournament happening in the town and let term enter where it was fixed in favor of a local mafia enforcer, and them showing up and winning causes the local organized crime syndicate to attack them. They beat them drive em off, bam instant rep as good guys and another reason to have a patron. Combine these ideas with a few more for a kind of jump cut opening session of them kicking rear end and taking names to establish them in this new world.

masam
May 27, 2010
Avatar post combo right there yawg.

On topic, a wardrobe out of which bursts a lion and a doll wearing a witch's outfit dyed white.