Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Quarter backing? I'm not familiar with that term outside of football.

The idea is that, rather than having all the players work together to win, one player runs the whole game by telling the other players what to do. I don't know enough about football to expand the metaphor. It's either that the quarterback in football is a diva and nitpicks everything about the game, or that the quarterback carries the ball just like the "quarterback" board game player carries the entire game. Like I said, not a sports guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

homullus posted:

Close! In playground-level football and on some occasions in professional football, the quarterback literally decides what everyone will do based on his read on the defensive scheme and what he feels like doing about it, and tells his whole team what they will be doing.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'm imagining stripes or patterns that can only be seen in ultraviolet, kinda like the ones on flowers only bees can see.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

The idea that comes to me is, they can see smaller objects shivering and start moving towards the new gravity source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

(Obligatory "Death means transformation, not literal death" post)