Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah
How do people handle absenteeism and experience? Traditionally, I've always ran games where, if you aren't present, you don't get any XP. This has been just fine for everyone so far. Recently, one player got pissy that he didn't get any XP for a session he missed. He told me what his character would be doing, which is fine as an explanation as to where the character was during the session, but it seems to defeat the purpose of having people show up to play if it's treated as a substitute.

I don't like the "I gave my sheet to soandso to play" argument. If it was just about having your stats handy, I could add NPCs as needed to balance things.

This is an Exalted game, if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah
It was introduced to me a long time ago as the way things were done and since no one else who thought otherwise bothered to GM anything, that's the way it stayed. Now that someone's raised a stink about it, I'm willing to re-evaluate it.

Now that I've gotten actual opinions from people who aren't actively whining at me, I'm going to just say everyone gets the same XP regardless. It's easier book-keeping for everyone, especially me.

Thanks