Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

Arrrthritis posted:

I was going to have the encounters be in a "Schroedinger's Dungeon" sort of sense- where they're both there and not until the party becomes an observer. Could this work? Would I be better off designing what I want them to encounter, but not where?((assuming all theory arguments are null and void and the monsters do not count as an observer))

Thanks for the advice! You guys have been great so far.

I'm not sure I'm getting quite what you're saying, but that sounds somewhat complicated. For your first time GMing, simple is much better than complicated. If you're able, try running a few one shot pre-published campaigns to get a feel for how the game works. That's what I'm going to do with the Paranoia games I'm going to be starting, because nobody has played the game before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

Basically using what has been said above, if he has a ghost encounter planned in a basement and the party doesnt go there, he moves it to the mill instead.
If the ghost had an accident in the basement and died, but they dont go there, so he says it fell off the mill and died instead.
As long as the players dont get wise to this (i.e. you tell them the ghost died in the basement but it shows up at the mill anyway) its a good idea.

Yeah, that's definitely a good way to plan things. The 'there and not-there' bit threw me off; it sounds like something complex that I would do that never comes anywhere close to what I envisioned, and only sometimes comes close to being good