Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

DeclaredYuppie posted:

I really loved the setting as well. I'm pretty sure Clockwork Joe mentioned it somewhere, but they're doing another ransom for the second part of the setting. I think they're at ~70% of the ransom reached. If you liked the primer, it might be worth chipping in for the next installment...

Posting to say that this is an awesome business model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

Hes a paladin. I think I'll use the dragonling rules for a pseudodragon, and have him find it instead of his magic item reward for this level.

If he just wants it for fluff then I wouldn't bother with making mechanics for it. Just role-play it as a baby young pseudodragon that hides when combat occurs.

Alternatively, level the stat block from the Monster Manual and let your Paladin control him on the battlefield. I'd divide experience as though there were half a player though to not throw balance way off. That is, with four players and the pseudodragon divide experience by 4.5 before awarding it.

Another option would be to make the pseudodragon a minion and not reduce XP at all. It'd be so fragile that the players wouldn't often want to use it as a combatant unless they really work around using it.

My players don't have a leader and after some good roleplaying I awarded them with a kobold admirer.