Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer
This thread got me interested in buying a telescope for myself for Christmas and after reading around I stumbled on this: Rokinon 500mm x 70mm Refractor Telescope

It says it is marked down from $400 US to $152 but I haven't been able to find any other retailers to compare prices with. It seems to be a pretty solid telescope from the reviews, but I am nowhere near experienced enough to determine if this is worth it. Any suggestions?

Here are the specs:
# EQ2 mount makes for a convenient set-up
# Aluminum tripod is lightweight and portable
# Optical design: achromatic refractor
# Lens diameter: 70mm
# Focal length: 500mm
# F/ratio: F/7
# Highest power: 140x
# Resolving power: 1.65
# Finderscope: red dot finder
# Focuser diameter: 1.25
# Diagonal: 45 erect image
# Eyepieces: 1.25 super 25 and 10
# Mount type: alt-azimuth
# Accessory tray: wall-to-wall
# Includes: aluminum tripod, 1.25-inch super 25 and super 10 eyepieces, red dot finder finderscope, 45 degree erecting image 1.25, and two tube rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU