Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

causticfluids
Dec 25, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
My wife and I went out with our landlord and I observed some Jovian moons for the first time - amazing. I'm not new to astronomy (physics major here) but I haven't stargazed in probably 2.5 years. I used to live in the woods in NH so we would just take my binoculars and lay on the car. We found a couple of globular clusters and spent our time locating and identifying constellations. I'll have to dig out my binos again. My university has a 14" telescope and nice observatory and I've gone out there twice. Both times though, the lines were huge, and instead of a galaxy or something they pointed to a faint star, and then to the moon for the kids present. This Saturday though it's a dark-sky session, and I may have to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU