Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002

blugu64 posted:

I think I saw andromeda in my galileoscope last night. Hard to find, and it was just a gray-ish mass. Need more power I guess. Also while gawking at pleiades a meteor flew across my field of view. :awesome:

Excuse my lack of knowledge if I'm wrong but I think you just need a bigger telescope but not more power. The bigger the telescope, the more light it gathers and focuses. And it never looks like it does in the pictures because those are long exposure pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002

Jekub posted:

Pictures

Man I would love to see some pictures of the setup you have to take these pics. I think I remember somewhere in this thread where you described your setup, but I'd love to see what it looks like.