Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Amish posted:

Two nights ago we finally had a night in South Jersey that allowed me to spend more than a few minutes outside. I managed to get about two minutes of video on my Nikon DSLR and pushed it through Registax to come up with an image that I'm pretty proud of:

With a 130mm / ~5in scope, should I be able to see the Cassini division? This was with a 9mm eyepiece and a 2x Barlow.

Just want you to know that this picture fills me with the same magical feeling that looking right at Saturn through the eyepiece of a small scope does, where it sinks in that Saturn is a real place that's actually out there, and not just a collection of abstract characteristics or a special effect created in a studio. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

gwaarrk posted:

the Whirlpool galaxy 10 unguided exposers at 1 minute 50 seconds 1600 iso each

And the Sombrero Galaxy 10 exposures 80 seconds each 800 iso

God I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but those are some gorgeous photos. Gwaarrk's remind me of GalaxyZoo imagery, and I'm on mobile but from here, thestoreroom's pics look coffee table book quality.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

OMG yes Saturn! It's been a while since I've looked at Saturn and seen Titan, but I think this smudge is about the right distance? Probably some sort of artifact but there's nothing like it in the rest of that image:

Ugh I feel dirty now, like I'm hunting UFOs.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Those are gorgeous, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

hannibal posted:

Speaking of my EQ6-R, here's some planetary imaging from the other night.

Hey these rule, thanks for taking them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

T1g4h posted:

I know this isn't super amazing so please forgive me. My 70mm refractor was just slightly out of focus because of how utterly nervous I was about missing it :shobon:

This is incredible, seeing what those red spots were up close :allears: