Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

I have a Celestron NexStar 130SLT telescope that I received as a gift. I also own a Canon 5D Mark II DSLR. I visited B&H's megastore and told this to the clerk, who then set me up with the T-Ring adapter and the T-Adapter. I see nothing when everything is hooked up.

Reading this article at the bottom it mentions something about an eyepiece including the Barlow lens. I found this version with the attached Barlow lens. I want to make sure that this is what I need to purchase to see things out of my setup before I actually put any more money into this. I'd hate to keep buying the wrong things and not know why this isn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get within focus range when everything's connected. I can see light, but it just can't focus on anything at all, either through the viewfinder or through LiveView. At the bottom of that little instruction manual it mentions the focal plane on some cameras may not be reachable and to use the Barlow. Otherwise I currently have a bunch of expensive equipment that doesn't work together.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
Thanks, I'll check that out. A quick search gives me a collimation eyepiece, is this what I need or something different/additional?