Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Took on a project to update a WordPress site that uses 61 plugins to do something simple. UGH.

Funny you mention that just now, I have just taken on a WP site that had 80+ plugins. Most of the plugins only work on PHP 5.6 and broke spectacularly after moving to 7.3.

I think I woulda spent less time rebuilding the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

fuf posted:

Does anyone know of a plugin that will resize / optimise images based on the entire /uploads/ directory, not just the items in the media library?

I'm a recent convert to Smush. Have barely used the free version, but I'm in charge of a few sites with huge uploads folders and the paid version of Smush has saved them. It can also convert the images to WebP too.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Fixins posted:

Any of you have any woocommerce experience? I'm trying to figure out how to offer free shipping but support multiple addresses for shipping and only allow free shipping for every instance of $59 spent...if that makes sense. Willing to pay if anyone can do this or can help out. Just pm me

Hey chief, hope I understand right, but I think you should be able to do this with default Woocommerce.. Set up your shipping zones, then add a "Free Shipping" shipping method to each shipping zone you want free shipping on, set the free shipping method shipping requirement to "a minimum order amount" and you should be away laughing.

Here's a screenshot incase my ramblings make no sense.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

the heat goes wrong posted:

Can't you do it with just hierarchycal categories?

TX category has a child -> dallas category, etc

This is the only way I can think that this can be done, without a heap of coding black magic. You'll need to add each city under its corresponding state category. The permalinks will sort themselves out this way.

Will be a bit of a headache to update all the posts though..