Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
I'm trying to do something similar to this:

quote:

Because pages allow you to assign templates to them I create a custom template for philanthropy that goes about getting the children and spitting out the content as subsections of pages. You can also get to each child as an individual page so it can be somewhat useful for people linking to specific content.

What's the easiest way to grab the content of all the children of a page, or even more specifically, posting the children of a page that begin with a certain prefix? Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
God I've gotta read the codex more, not at all familiar with the various Wordpress variables and tags, thanks Ned, I appreciate it. That, and the object operator threw me for a loop. loving PHP5, I miss when things were so much simpler and harder. A thing that I should probably know, though:

code:
if (substr($post->post_title, 0, 3) == 'val'){
Just so I'm perfectly clear, you're just using "val" as a placeholder, right?

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Ned, just a quick question: the return array of get_pages is a list of IDs, correct?

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

NotShadowStar posted:

Dude, come on:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_pages

Yeah, read that at 6:00 AM this morning, I was racking my brain thinking how an integer could have properties until I read it now. My mistake.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Unfortunately, CSS3 rounded corners still look like poo poo in webkit, especialyl with a 1-3px stroke on the edge, or else I'd use them as well.

I either just use a top and bottom rounded corner div (it sucks, I know), or if on a solid colored background, use 4 spans and align the to the edge of the DIV. If I want to be fancy, I'll procedurally generate the corner divs/spans via JS, keeping my markup clean.

Aturaten fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 14, 2009

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Not to derail too much, but I've heard great things about Prestashop and Foxycart. Foxycart requires 15/mo after dev, however.

In terms of paid solutions, I have a friend that swears by Interspire and Shopify.

Also, musclecoder, still looking for an e-commerce template? If so, you know the email.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
^^CONTRACT ME FOR A TEMPLATE drat IT >:\/

I also took a look at your framework just now briefly, and judging by the code layout, it's pretty drat good.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Every repost is a repost. My bad.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Mighty Zoltar posted:

Anyone know of a decent way to present Youtube videos? I currently have a list down a page, but would ideally like something which looks like a picture gallery, and on clicking, opens the video in a lightbox style overlay. However, I'm open to suggestions.

I could have given you a link, but a certain mod decided to destroy my hard work. Anyway, Nextgen Gallery + Shadowbox should do the trick.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

sim posted:

Don't do this. Be forewarned that any trick you know of (including CSS hiding) is well known by Google and they most likely penalize for using them. Here's an article from 2005 that quotes a Google employee:

Untrue in the sense that Google literally has to manually check if websites use CSS in their deception. Many websites, EVEN GMAIL, use CSS tricks for presentational purposes. They flag you if they find a shitload of keywords on a single page that are not particularly linked.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Ned posted:

code:
wp_enqueue_script('jquery-ui-core', '', array('jquery'));
wp_enqueue_style('jquery-ui-theme', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') .'/jquery_ui_stylesheet.css');
That will load the code and you'll need to install a jQuery UI theme in your theme directory and link to the stylesheet.

Today I learned that wp_enqueue_style is a thing.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Um, is there a way to add a NextGen gallery as a gallery?... it's not working for me. I mean to attach it.

Aturaten fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 15, 2011

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

cocteau posted:

I don't know what you mean... did you insert the shortcode for the gallery into the page/post?

I am looking to actually have it attach to the post in some way. Possible?

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Omits-Bagels posted:

I'm redoing a vacation apartment rental site and I'd like to add a google map with a list of suggested restaurants near each apartment.

Ideally, it would be nice if the user could filter the results between different types of food (French, Italian, Chinese, etc). We have about 70+ restaurants on our list.

Is there some type of wp plugin that would make this easy to implement?

Probably would have to be custom. http://gmap.nurtext.de/ is my library of choice for dealing with it. ALSO, do you still need that Wordpress gallery edit done for the theme, or has it been completed?

Aturaten fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 20, 2011

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
So is it possible to have a prettylinked url with both the category and tag filtering at the same time? i.e.

http://somewpsite.com/category/trees/tag/bark+highlander

Would filter all posts with the category of trees, AND the tags of both bark and highlander

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Ned posted:

Not sure if WordPress is smart enough to do that. It could be possible but probably not with a pretty url.

Oh well. It looks like my reasons for doing so are invalid anyway. You can now url operations with categories as well.

Also, how goes everything, Ned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

pipebomb posted:

I need a new Mac editor that isn't Ecto or MarsEdit -what do you guys use? Hell, for Windows too for that matter...

Zend Studio loving rules if you're working on a big project. I wish Aptana was a bit better. Notepad++ is what I use primarily for quick edits, and for Mac, I believe Coda is the preferred editor.