Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mynameischainsaw
Aug 12, 2008
Maybe some of you guys can answer this: I'm trying to set up post by email in wordpress, but I would like to have an address that people can send press releases to and have those emails populate as posts in wordpress but I need them sit as 'drafts' or 'pending review' so I can go in and approve/post/delete. Is there a way to do this?

EDIT: POSTIE ROCKS! Thank you sir.

mynameischainsaw fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynameischainsaw
Aug 12, 2008
I'm messing around with an amazon s3 backup plugin right now, but are there any backup plugins you guys would recommend? I'm having trouble getting it up and running.

mynameischainsaw
Aug 12, 2008
Does anybody have experience using easy php calendar with wordpress? It's not supported, but it works. I was wondering if anyone used it or a more robust calendar often.

Edit: Also what about a plugin that can make a widget to display the latest posts from other blogs we read? I was trying to find a way to use google reader to do this but there's got to be an easier way...

mynameischainsaw fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 11, 2009

mynameischainsaw
Aug 12, 2008
Anybody have favorite plugins for fostering a community? Looking specifically for a nice comments plugin or something.

mynameischainsaw
Aug 12, 2008
I'm having trouble with galleries in wordpress. I add a gallery in using wordpress' 'insert gallery' button, and then I go into the HTML editor and add size="thumbnail" to the [gallery] code. It ends up looking like this:

[gallery link="file" column="3" size="thumbnail"]

my thumbnails are set to 150x150. in the wordpress gallery the pictures are only 150 for the width, and they are the height of the full size picture. what am i doing wrong? is there a better way to go about this?