Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Any of you have any woocommerce experience? I'm trying to figure out how to offer free shipping but support multiple addresses for shipping and only allow free shipping for every instance of $59 spent...if that makes sense. Willing to pay if anyone can do this or can help out. Just pm me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Lol. Thanks s okay. That works but the issue I have is that if the order.is.over x amount it sets free shipping to every address. Here's what I wrote up for a spec:

"The company offers free shipping on orders over $59 per address. So, that means that if someone orders lets say $110 worth of merchandise that is being sent to two addresses, they would only receive the free shipping on One address and not both. That said if the order was for $121 then both address would receive the free shipping. BUT a address has to have at least $59 worth of products in order to get free shipping. So, for example, let's say a person has a order for $70 shipping to two seperate address, with $24 going to address 1 and $46 going to address 2 they would not receive any free shipping on either address. The logic I believe would really be as follows:

x = # of address being shipped too
y = Order Subtotal
z = x;

while x >= 0:
if (y / x >= 59)
free shipping for x addresses
paid shipping for (z - x) addresses
break;
else
x--;

The plugin I am using to offer Multiple shipping addresses is "WooCommerce Shipping to Multiple Addresses" by IgniteWoo. For shipping calculations, I am using Flexible Shipping UPS. "

So I'm just stuck as to what logic to hook info to achieve this I guess. I have the project on codeable but I'd rather pay a goon if anyone's interested in this quick job

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.nhlovescampers.com

So that's a hybrid site I made using WordPress as a API and the actual WordPress system. So the majority of the site is built within WordPress but of you go to find a campground that's a nextjs app using wp graph ql to grab WordPress data on campgrounds.

https://search.nhlovescampers.com/camps?city=all&campfeatures=all&region=all&camptype=all

I used Apollo I think to grab the data but in hindsight o wish I just built the site entirely in nextjs and just used WordPress for a data endpoint. Granted I'd lose out on some SEO but I think overall it's be much nicer.

I've basically moved away from doing this and just do most stuff within php now as I find it easier for most stuff. Hope this kinda helps.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I think he means put the application within the main WordPress loop. So WordPress would load the header and the footer and essentially side load the app. Although that would kind of depend on the app you're making

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I use CPTUI but with that the custom posts work the same as regular posts, you just have to add it in so wp graph ql can recognize it. So you can query but publish date or event date if it's a ACF.

This plugin should do it

https://www.wpgraphql.com/docs/custom-post-types/

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ohh I gotcha. In that case you would query everything and then run the specialized query within NextJS/Apollo. It's a big drain but that's what I had to do with that campground search

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I don't use Jetpack. Because of horror stories like that. Sorry it happened to you.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I inherited a site with Divi and I regret it. It's horrendous. Same with Elementor. :puke:

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
any of you super smart when it comes to mysql? I had to go in on my digitaloceanj test account to change my admin login password and I said:

code:
use wordpress;
which apparently broke my site from loading. I went into WP-config and it's set to load from that database but I still cna't get it to load...any ideas?

e; I fixed it, somehow my servers firewall got reset

worms butthole guy fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 13, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
A class name of js-wedding-form tells me there's some jquery somewhere that operates the form, and it's probably made with a old version of jquery and that's why it broke. Check the functions.php file for any kind of side loaded Javascript file ?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
what a annoyingly complex way to do a form. seems like the person was bored and wanted to do it manually which I get but......I don't see any outside API calls or anything and you could easily do that form in something like GravityForms lol

also if any WordPress developers are looking for work, I am looking for someone to take over my old clients who are annoying as gently caress small businesses. It pays lovely, probably $35 or $40 a hour and its self employed so it's not consistant but if anyone wants some WordPress work send me a PM and I can put you in touch

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
rather be honest lol. small business owners are :

1. extremely cheap (we're talking $50 of work will set them off on a long rant)
2. extremely needy

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
please trigger warning your posts :suicide:

edit: Just last week I had a client from 2 years ago ask me where their site is.....something I did for free back then for them to get my name out and they never moved it off of a free server i setup for them (it wasn't even a live site) so it got deleted. I said "looks like it got deleted" and I got a barrage of "this is business critical we were going for grants with this site!" and then a barrage of text messages saying the same thing

no you're aiming to get a free government handout and I'm still not going to get anything out of this.

:sigh:

yeah i remade it for them :suicide:

i don't know how many times I have to tell these people I don't even work in web dev anymore

edit 2: this is now a vent post

another example from this past week

a client I work with has a few plugins that have expired

e-mails "WHATS WRONG FIX IT!"

"your liscence expired, here are links to renew them"

"WHEN CAN YOU CALL ME TO GET MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO DO THIS FOR ME UNPAID"

"uh i just sent you the links to do it, earliest I can go to is next tuesday"

"OK SOUNDS GOOD"

:suicide:

worms butthole guy fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 3, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Anytime I have to deal with WordPress now I just use GeneratePress

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Do yourself a favor and learn HubSpot sp you can leave WordPress farrrrrr behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
What gorn plugin are you using