Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stick_Fig
Nov 21, 2002

I can write more if that doesn't disturb you enough.
Hey guys,

Asking here because my brain's absolutely fried and I can't figure out what's wrong through other sources. (Page after page of "I'm having this terrible problem!" "Me too!" is terribly disheartening.)

Anyway, I just redesigned my news site, ShortFormBlog (http://shortformblog.com/) and switched themes. For the last few weeks I had been regularly using the WP Theme Switcher plugin and hadn't had any major hiccups.

Well, about a day after putting it up, I ran into a hiccup: The RSS feed stopped working. Not just "oh crap, the feed's clogged." No. the feed comes up with a 404 error on the pages it's supposed to be using.

I don't think switching to the theme did it. It worked fine for nearly a day with the theme switcher plugin off.

I was playing with 404.php in the theme folder last night. But that shouldn't have done anything. And I made no other permalink format changes.

So I'm just confused. Any thoughts as to how this could happen?

EDIT: OK, I'm somewhere with it, but it's still not a great place. It appears that the default "/feed" URL is working. But getting alternate feeds, such as Atom and RSS (or comment feeds), is leading me to 404 pages. As a temporary solution, I set my default feed to "atom," but considering that the URL I generally use in Feedburner excludes certain posts, I'd like to fix it eventually. :(

Stick_Fig fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU