Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net
Anyone ever attempt to make a corporate/company website with wordpress? Main page, pages with products, blog, contacts. I understand it's possible, but is it elegant? The business I work for wants to redesign their main webpage and it's loaded with flash videos (demos) and lots of images.

If anyone has examples, please share and mention what is wordpress and what isn't. I know they are out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net

Ned posted:

I also created http://siegelgale.com/ with Wordpress.

That's what i was looking for. EVERYTHING is done with wordpress? So for work, services, ideas, and the links at top...are they all pages? how about for links like http://www.siegelgale.com/work/mcafee ? Are they sub pages?

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net
How would I include the value of queries in my link into my posts? For example, if the link is https://www.domain.com/?id=12345 I'd like to be able to put "12345" into my posts. Right now I am using exec-php plugin and I place
code:
<?php $id = strip_tags($_REQUEST['id']);?>
in the header.php but when I try to echo $id, it comes out empty. It's like it's not passed into the posts and someone mentioned it might be a scope problem so I tried placing global $id into the post as well but no go.

This is for a rss feed for my affiliates, I want to be able to pass their aff code into the blog so they can just use this feed for whatever purpose they need.

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net
I'm trying to use echo $id within the post in the admin panel. I'm using Exec-PHP to run php in my posts and while other php codes work find, it seems like $id isn't passed along. If I place <?php $id = strip_tags($_REQUEST['id']);?> inside the post with the echo, it'll work but I don't want to have to do it for every post.

A workaround I found was setting the_content() to a variable in the index.php page in the theme folder then using str_replace on a designated word like #ID# and setting it to whatever $id is. That works BUT then the rss feeds didn't make the changes on the rss feed page (which I am not even familiar with).

In any case, what's the best method to do what I want? I don't use $_GET since I assume that means anyone can put tags which would screw up how the page looks. Then again, strip_tag isn't that much to block from any XSS attacks but at least it's a start right?

edit: I hate myself. Right after I posted that, I decided to search for $_GET in the wordpress plugins and found exactly what I needed. I just had to modify a few rules and it works exactly the way I want it. The plugin is $_GET Getter for those wondering. Now if I can only get my last day back....

cLin fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 14, 2010

cLin
Apr 21, 2003
lat3nt.net
Seems like bbPress is still being developed although slowly. Last posts regarding development was on 12/15/09 in which he asked what users would like in 1.1 and it looks like they have weekly meetups in which they...talk about development of the software.