Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Really glad I found this thread. I've had an on again/off again relationship with wp. Recently did an install and was amazed at how streamlined it us compared to when I last used it. (about 1 and a half years.)

At any rate, starting up a personal blog and wondered if there were any plugins you guys would recommend. So far I am using wp super cache, sociable, snazzy archives, smart ads and lightbox2. Looking for something to handle my seo at the moment. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kontona
May 3, 2003

Ned posted:

There are two plugins that a guy used on a site I built in order to mess with the SEO. Headspace2 and the Robots Meta plugin.

Wordpress is pretty SEO friendly straight out of the box. Google seems to like Wordpress sites.

Thanks. I'll have to check those out when I get home.

Anyone else using facebook connect? It's giving my comment layout fits.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Not a wp question per se, but I've working on a theme and was wondering what method you guys prefer for rounded corners? I've tried googling but there seems to be a lot of different ways people approach this and I'm kind of confused.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Width is about 480 pixels. In the past, I just created tables with rounded corner images. Trying not to use tables anymore and debating whether I want to use images still or just css or some other method.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Ned posted:

You can do round corners with css3. If you don't want to go down that route you there are a few ways you can do it using just one image. You need to have a way to get it into the four corners or a mechanism for doing top/bottom.

Definitely learning towards css3. I really like how simple it is. Shame that it'll look different in IE, but I might go that route for the time being.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Is there any way to make the "read more" link jump to the top of the page after you click it rather than jump to the spot of the "read more" link? Tried googling all the results seem outdated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kontona
May 3, 2003

Thanks! Don't know why I didn't go to the obvious source.