Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonboy8871
Sep 25, 2003
What the deuce?

Never posted in this forum before, but I can only hope y'all might be more help than the Wordpress forums. My problem is that I'm a small publisher trying to do it all myself, and I have a site with lots of posts and absolutely none of them are displaying anywhere--not on any page I set as the Post Page, and not in any widget that's supposed to import recent posts.

The theme I’m using is The Newspaper, if that makes any difference. At some point, I was “cleaning up” the default content that came with the theme and deleted the default homepage/front page by mistake. Now, I can’t get my posts to display anywhere on the site.

I'm frustrated enough that ordinarily, I might have just deleted my whole site and started over, but I feel like I’m too far along at this point to do that. There are a fair number of posts on there somewhere. And I’ve done enough other initial work on the site that I dread the idea of to having to do it all over again.

I’ve tried toggling the Static Homepage setting to see if that would help, but it didn’t seem to. I’ve created several different kinds of block/widget content that should display my recent posts, but still nothing shows up at all. I tried this with some existing pages first, then I created a new page to see if that would work, but the result was the same with both.

I have the PaidMembershipsPlus plugin as my paywall–the site is for a small weekly newspaper. At one point, and I don’t even know what I did differently, one of the “Latest Posts” blocks I tried one one of my test pages ended up displaying ONLY my custom “Subscribe to keep reading” language that the plugin interrupts paid content with. But there were no post titles, images, excerpts, or links visible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonboy8871
Sep 25, 2003
What the deuce?

It currently has my homepage as a static page--the site's login page. And the "Posts Page" is a different page I created, which is still completely blank. It remains blank even if I stick in a "Latest Posts" widget.

I also tried swapping that homepage setting around and making the homepage display latest posts, but that also results in a blank page.