Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katzinator
Apr 20, 2007
This food is making you crazy

Cemetry Gator posted:

Magical 3-D mat

This is hands down the most ridiculous audiophile snake-oil product I will ever witness. At least $10,000/ft speaker cables are in the analog domain and, while completely ridiculous and unnecessary, may have some infinitesimally small, imperceivable advantage over regular Belden cabling. With this being said, it is physically impossible for a mat placed on top of a disc storing digital information to alter (let alone "improve") the picture or sound quality of the information being read.

The fact that thousands of this product have sold for $200 each makes me seriously want to re-evaluate my profession, as it is clear that I'm in the wrong loving business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katzinator
Apr 20, 2007

Milky_Sauce posted:

His comment was pretty stupid but the 44 kHz limit of CDs means that vinyl can technically be better (kind of like how old-school film is almost always higher resolution than digital tape).

I think the idiot Devian666 was referring to meant that each digital '0' in the binary CD data was somehow "missing" audio data, which makes no loving sense. Yes, technically vinyl does sound "better" than digital audio sampled at 44khz, but the "audiophile" lacked a fundamental understanding of how digital storage works.

katzinator
Apr 20, 2007

qirex posted:

I froze my MS Office install disc and now my bold fonts are "fatter", my Excel column dragging is smoother and my PowerPoints have a more holographic presence with more forward oranges and sparklier bullet points

Why stop there, noob? I freeze my RAM sticks before I boot up my PC and my windows have insurmountable crispness and color depth. An extra dimension of clarity is revealed in "Windows Startup.wav". Hello.jpg seemingly leaps out at me and engulfs my entire head...