Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dear Playboy, I'd never think this would happen to me...
I bought these audio rocks to brighten the sounds coming from my speakers that were specially built and tuned for my space and....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

man my X wife was into making organite and other woo poo poo.. she shoulda been making it for audiophiles instead of trying to clear up your chi or whatevershit it was intended to do.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wayne Knight posted:

Yeah sometimes with headphones you get a soundstage that's a bit too peaty.

Open back or closed back for the peat?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

an AOL chatroom posted:

Hi, I don't know what peat means in the context of audio, can someone explain?

well most audio is set to peat by default.
often time you can re-peat it with settings on the device.

Either one you choose it's up to your own audio preference. you can however get strong peat/re-peat devices handcrafted in Scottish bogs to adjust the audio to your liking.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

qirex posted:

- need to use in a place phones aren’t allowed

There is an area where I work that processes 1000's of Sensitive PII items each day. I feel like the folks that work in that (and ones like it) are keep the portable CD player player market in business. You are not allowed anything with a camera.. or data connection in the work area.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Are you using an audiophile grade nas or just like a bad sounding one with too much vibrational rotation coming through on your lows and killing the brightness of your highs?.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBD Corndog posted:

Another crying audiophile just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJq5AEk-jQ

(DMS is also the dude who made Linus cry a couple years ago)

I own 2 cars and I could probably sell them and buy a pair

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I mean you need to isolate the wave of the led so that they make the classical music pop right. Without the proper led isolation setup you're just going to murder the whole audio jitters. It's like you've never seen and led strobe on a camera or something

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

large hands posted:

Pretty sure the turntable is expensive because they got Eno to put his name on them. I can kind of understand that, I spent too much on a UK first pressing of Before and after Science so I could get a set of the art prints it came with to frame.

The Jonny Ive turntable? Not so much...

I see people using "and" interchangeably with "an" these days and I feel like I'm going crazy. Is it a typo thing?

It was an autocorrect thing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

They keep not understanding digital data.

You don't want laser straight 1s and as close to perfect 0s to ensure a reduction in jitter and increased pleasure sense?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

This is why I print my music out as raw binary and manually enter it into my player.

Let me sell you this Pro Audio Printer USB Filter that will reduce any amount of Jitter and alignment issues your printer's data transfer may introduce, you want to ensure your 1's and 0's are entered on a pure basis to allow the best audio quality. PM me for more details, Goon discount 1,239 dollars, usually I sell this for 2,349.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is suspiciously cheap, I don't believe it will improve the spaciousness of my printouts.

Can I interest you in the limited run ones with goldlike exterior for 4832.95 (that's the goon discount)
lemme just find my gold paint. and solder some caps/resistors to a ferrite core filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I just bought a 2m toslink cable but I'm worried that I'll be losing soundstage because I didn't buy the gold plated model, there's one that cost 80x as much on Amazon should I buy It?

Yes please report back