Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Palladium posted:

the only klipsch I can still see is their ages-old promedia 2.1

i can't even remember when was the last time i saw an onkyo or pioneer product on a retail floor

the Reference/Reference Premiere bookshelf speakers tend to get on all the wirecutter-esque bookshelf speaker lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nothing in like any of the "Legacy" audiophile sites on MQA going bankrupt, you'd think they'd be interested given how often they pushed it!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also I think that puts a bit of a damper on the idea of Tidal buying MQA

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rip....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQ4KYELek0

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also obvious stuff like the re-release of the SoundBurger or like, more vaguely, companies releasing smart speakers modeled after "classic" speakers like JBL/Klipsch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mederlock posted:

From the Information sheet for the Switch X

:eyepop: Holy moly that's some primo $Audiophile poo poo right there.

drat nintendo is going hard next gen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Palladium posted:

https://youtu.be/zeHxHaqtKOg

PSaudio, infamous audio snake oil charlatans and makers of insanely overpriced crappy audio gear, carefully explains how network audio streamers degrade your valuable digital music in a world where 100gbps ethernet over 40km links on <$1 per meter fiber exist

of course unless you keep buying their stuff

i always like that nobody ever explains why the cabling in your home is going to matter compared to the massive amounts of backbone transport between your house and the ISP, much of which is old as poo poo