Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Devian666 posted:

Cooling those CDs will make the zeros and ones on a CD more orderly. This reminds me of a vinyl elist telling me about the zeros being the missing sound quality on a CD.

His comment was pretty stupid but the 44 kHz limit of CDs means that vinyl can technically be better (kind of like how old-school film is almost always higher resolution than digital tape).

I'm actually convinced audiophiles do have some sort of mental illness, and I don't mean to be a prick about it. I'm a bit of a videophile and there's times I rip my hair out trying to set my TVs up perfectly; I can't imagine what it's like to be that way with audio because of how much harder it is to discern between the pieces of equipment/green marker tricks. It's gotta be 100% placebo; I'm sure of it. I remember I had a stereo system and I was adjusting the "tuning" knob while listening to a CD, 100% convinced it sounded best 3/4ths of the way turned. Except the tuning dial was for the radio stations and had nothing to do with sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU