Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000
THE 12" DILDO IN MY ASS IS ONLY A PLACEHOLDER FOR PULSATING HOT COCKS
I just ordered a DAC/headphone amp, and the particular brand borders a bit into audiophile territory. I tend to buy good bang for the buck pr0sumer (music production, studio) stuff, and this was a first for me. Wanting to reduce buyers remorse and raise excitement for the soon to be shipped piece of gear, I started reading some forum posts about it, since I have known for a very long time that forums on the internet can provide very insight- and helpful information.

Reading the below exchange in a thread about my amp made me post here:

quote:

:words: Well I just swapped out the stock psu for a Yuasa lead acid battery (Reading 13.6v)and the sound just got kicked up a notch! Never thought the difference would be so pronounced, the soundstage has now lept further from the speakers and instruments have more weight and air around them, the sound really is more dynamic now, and the difference was better still through my Grado's. A very good upgrade until the new psu is released.

quote:

:psyduck: No offense but you guys must have incredible ears , Its very difficult (for me) to hear the diff between the 7520 and my old CA AZUR cd player , i can hear it but only just.
And for your info ,i work as a pro piano tuner and musician so my ears are fairly good at listening.

quote:

:colbert: A set of good ears for 'live' instruments doesn't necessarily mean a good set of ears for speakers generated audio reproduction.

This is the thread: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2160

Of course, not everything in it is ridiculous, but apparently there is a line of varying breadth that waits to be tripped over whenever encountering high end/audiophile aficionados.

If you are so inclined, post your opinions, insights, experiences and examples regarding this delicate matter into this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000

qirex posted:

See the thing is that you need to not just develop some stupid tweako bullshit product but you need to market the crap out of it including bribes er I mean ad buys in well respected audio magazines and getting space at trade shows and stuff.

You also need well-managed fake accounts on all the relevant enthusiast forums where you cautiously and "objectively" praise your own and subtly diss your competitors' products

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000

LRADIKAL posted:

Yeah, let's change the thread title! It's been the same for years!

yeah, I'd like to, but how? Do I need a mod?

-Gurz
Residential Hazard Marker