Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mako
Apr 22, 2001

Acc-Risk posted:

I compare a lot of the audiophile stuff to kitchen utensils.

An Oxo spatula can cost $10-$15. A WalMart brand spatula can cost upwards of $0.32 Both will flip your pancakes just fine, yet I buy Oxo. My pancakes don't taste better.

That's a great comparison if you discount the fact that in many audiophile components the improved fit-and-finish of your oxo is not visually or tactility obvious. Whether its hidden, in the case of many interconnects or superfluous internal component upgrages, or solid wood non-resonating volume knobs that are uglier than the original, the benefit you get from that fancy flipper of yours is not translated to this case.

When it comes to the critical components like speakers and amplification and processing i dont blame these folks for going a bit nuts. But their insane upgrades to wiring and things of that nature shock me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU