Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
This is all disgusting. Like UFO people, conspiracy nuts, etc.

You could spend under $300 on sound equipment and $30 on cables and 99% of the population wouldn't be able to tell a difference between that and the idiot poo poo these people spend thousands on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Pibborando San posted:

Haha are you serious? A $30,000 set-up that includes room acoustic treatment and CHEAP rear end cables will sound worlds better than a $300 set-up to pretty much anyone who isn't deaf.

Their may be a different sound (the sound is one reason I tell my wife I prefer watching movies at the theater), but not everyone is a crazy/anal audiophile when it comes how they hear things at home.

That's why the cheap built-in speakers that come in TVs is good enough for most people.

"Can I hear it clearly?" is the qualifying question many people have if they put any thought into the sound system.

Of course some people will spend hundreds, or even thousand on great theater-like sound, but the people linked to in this thread are just over the top, with the stupid cables and wrapping their equipment in paper and poo poo.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
All I know about music:

After spending ~$120 on some desktop speakers, I swear 128kbps and 192/256kbps MP3s sound different.