Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acc-Risk
Sep 28, 2001
I compare a lot of the audiophile stuff to kitchen utensils.

An Oxo spatula can cost $10-$15. A WalMart brand spatula can cost upwards of $0.32 Both will flip your pancakes just fine, yet I buy Oxo. My pancakes don't taste better.

A while ago, I was auditioning a pair of homemade elctrostatics. This guy was the streotype audiophile who counts the copper molecules in each cable. But while listening, all I could hear was the traffic outside, the water running in the walls, etc.

Now call me crazy, but wouldn't a better audio upgrade be to stop the dishwasher, turn off the sprinkler system, close the windows, stop the wife from vacumming and soundproof? I can't hear the difference between cables but I sure as hell can hear the interstate traffic in the distance.

P.S. Every cable I own came from MonoPrice and Jeff didn't blink an eye when he saw them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU