Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I stumbled into /r/audiophile and the sponsored post the algorithm chose to serve me was for a Legalzoom-esque divorce service.

It's either that or because I've been shopping for guitar stuff, maybe both.

That's just the jitter, did you miss where we just said you need to mellow out the speaker cones with hifi-grade weed smoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

qirex posted:

I'm talking 90s stuff, 80s retro is almost 2 decades old at this point [just like the 80s are always 20 years ago am I right, fellow olds?]

All I'll say is that this is the year where "current year minus birth year" no longer enables me to be in denial

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

olives black posted:

knowing these exist physically hurts me. not, like, getting kicked in the nuts bad, but like shaking a hot sauce bottle without tightening the cap and having some of it fly up your nose and also now your clothes smell like hot sauce bad.

This is an oddly specific kind of bad and yet I can totally relate.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
If your current turntable doesn't round off the corners of its sine waves with enough fidelity then Ive got the solution for you!

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Geez it's like y'all never heard the analogy of the carpenter smdh

Turntable parts $200
LEDs $2
Knowing where to put the LEDs $19,798

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Your multi GHz CPU will stutter processing all of these horrible non-audio packets. Better let my $3 SoC handle it instead.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It's not about the serif. It's about whether the 1s and 0s are raster or vector. Vector is truly lossless, whereas raster gets all blocky if you listen critically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
So sometimes, "that makes my hair stand on end" is just an expression, but that might do it for real