Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Let's try this from the other side.

You're all fairly rational individuals re: the audiophile stuff. What do you think the rational ceiling is for the cost of a private, one-chair listening room?

In other words, at what price point are you just wasting money/be unable to tell a difference double-blind? Equipment would include a SACD or other source, receiver/amp, interconnects, speaker wire, and of course a pair of speakers. YOu can assume we already have a chair.

I'm betting $1000-1500. Just guessing though, wouldn't be able to give examples of equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

...and I'm an idiot for not even considering the room setup.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

qirex posted:

I just wonder how much of that $1 mil is markup. $600k? $700?
My guess is $1-$10k is materials, maybe another $5k for labor.