Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

quote:

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio > Equipment Forums > Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
hahhaahahhahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bensa posted:

Speakers might actually be the only thing that could ever required burn-in, the surrounds might be more stiff than intended if they've not been used or have been in storage for a long time.
that is like the only thing I've picked up around "audiophiles" which even half-way makes sense to me. i wanted to scream the first time i heard about burning in cables however

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

TheMadMilkman posted:

What would be fun, and what I have unfortunately not had the opportunity to do, is to compare the sound of some of these top-end theaters to the mixing rooms where the soundtracks were created. That would yield a lot more insight into the value of the home theater than a comparison to your local cineplex.
something tells me these dudes would be totally terrified if they knew how much oxygen is present in commercial/industrial "interconnects"

what do you mean dreamworks doesn't use $750 headphone cables?