Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

Doc Spratley posted:

You may also try digital room eq'ing.

I was thinking about getting a thread going on this, just need to get a new mic for measurements.

I did some googling, including wikipedia, but I couldn't get a good answer to this question : Is there a way to do this without a $600-7000 piece of equipment?

Edit: I would definitely be interested in a thread on that

bacon! fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

Twiin posted:

You can do it with a radioshack SPL meter, test tones, and time.

There's apps that can help you, I think one of them is called "room eq wizard" or something like that.

Do you mean that the EQ settings would only work if a PC was your source? Or, would you just apply the same EQ settings to whatever analog equalizer you have?

I just have a stereo integrated amp without an equalizer

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

TheMadMilkman posted:

On a regular flat screen, no less. $1 million and no front/rear projection? That's insane.

I wonder how hot it gets in that room.

According to the site,

Sony VPH-G90U Projector
Stewart Filmscreen 120-inch Screen

So he has multiple ways of watching movies