Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I thought I was maybe being a bit silly when I spent an extra £10 on a cable because it looked better than the cheaper alternative. (allegedly sounds better too, but theres no way i'm going to be able to tell)

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

HKR posted:

It was so back my sound card was picking up high frequency noises from my mouse.

I have this on my work pc - when I have headphones in, rotating the scroll wheel produces a high pitched scratching, and oddly enough when dragging a window around (not just click/moving) it produces static. Pain in the arse.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Nagelfar posted:

Having a dell computer? Using the front output for your earphones? Try using the one in the back, fixed the problem for me.

It's a boxx - probably the audiophile version of a vfx pc, but they ended up cheaper than dell. edit: http://www.boxxtech.com/
I will give that a go though - I am on the front, and I have a headphone extension somewhere I can dig out.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 25, 2009