Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Wait wait wait. This guy's claiming to have invented a device to somehow deaden quantum mechanical noise (which I think would only be possible by getting incrementally close to absolute zero), and yet he thinks electrons "flow" through conductive materials :pwn:

They're just words made of letters you can put them anywhere you want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Devian666 posted:

A shame his death overshadowed that of Aldous Huxley.

Ted Kennedy was larger than life, but can you hold the fat jokes until they find enough dirt to bury the guy budget to finish the Big Dig?

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

mr. nazi posted:

Perform all non-double-blind testing inside a pure helium environment for the best sound if you want to die
Studies and our marketing department agree that the best way to get the most out of your collection (other than a perfect vacuum, free from the turbulence introduced by pesky atmosphere injected into the stream) is to listen in a concentrated, helium-rich environment, and the best place in the solar system to accomplish this and gain optimal acoustics and tonal warmth is inside the sun!

But actually getting to hear your music the way God intended used to be but a wonderful fever-induced dream. Good news, fellow golden-ears, all that is about to change! Virgin Records is teaming up with Virgin Galactic to take you there and make every audiophile's fantasy come true! What wonderful times we live in! Reserve your coffin flight today!

Promoted Pawn posted:

Use mineral oil instead of water to make it more plausible (it won't short the electronics) and expensive.

edit: Hell, create (read:label) a special 'Audio Grade' mineral oil specifically for this purpose and mark it up by 1000%.
We typically listen to our music in an environment comprised chiefly of air, but our ears develop while we are still in the womb! Naturally, nature designed the human ear to optimally listen to our favorite tunes in a fluid-rich environment, as found in the human uterus! How can the discriminating aural-enthusiast regain the same quality that our ears were designed for?

Pseudiophile's new Audio-Uterophile Liquid Suspension is the answer! We here at Pseudiophile search out the richest, most premium amneotic fluid available! Simply fill our buffered antistatic polyester synthetic amniotic sound-sack, pull it over your head, fasten it beneath the jawline with our premium airtight elastic ligature, and it's like you're right back in the womb! You'll never hear your music anything the same way again!

Am I doing this right?

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Devian666 posted:

I'm seriously considering trying to push the myth that spreading a thin layer of cottage cheese on top of your CDs will improve audio quality.
Your tones with be much earthier of you cram as much dirt as you can jam in there.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

SatanX posted:

I think i'm going to start selling tin foil rolls as Ion Shield Protectors.

We all know that photons and other particles pass through stone and wood quite easily. But if you wrap your electronics, cables, speakers, remotes and the dog with my Ion Shield Protection wrap (made of space age materials), it reflects the particles away, removing the possibility of invasion of outside distortion.
Only $799.99 for a 100 foot roll.

It's not just for blocking out the CIA's mind control rays anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Quake soundtrack is on the game CD-ROM and it's a pretty drat popular game.

Still the best "pure" twitch FPS ever (3 is arguably up there), especially glquakeworld. Unfortunately serious play pretty much required turning down the awesome music to hear the audio cues made by other players. The soundtrack still got plenty of mileage for me as running/workout music.

Neat about the range on some of those tracks. Reznor doesn't half-rear end anything, does he?