Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octavian
Mar 29, 2007
I've recently become a bit interested in the Foreign Service, and I want to know how much my language skills would help a potential application. I'm a senior in college, and thanks to a high school AP class, I have the equivalent of 1 year of high school Spanish. Granted, I haven't really spoken Spanish in four years. Additionally, my school offers a only a year's worth of Arabic classes, which I'm enrolled in right now. Is an elementary understanding and command of these two languages worth anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octavian
Mar 29, 2007
I took the written exam yesterday, and I wished I had more time for the essay. Then again, I've wished that for every timed essay I've ever written, so I'm OK with it.

Octavian
Mar 29, 2007
177.86! Turns out the second time is the charm.