Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

I dont plan to apply for a few more years, but could i get more information on the public diplomacy track? That and the political one seem the most interesting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Two questions:

Does serving in the Peace Corps help you at all in applying to the Foreign Service? And do you have to have a masters to serve in the foreign service?

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

So I just took the FSOT today, and I was wondering how much of an impact the biographical section has. I felt totally comfortable with every part of the test except that one - I couldn't think of specific examples for a lot of things, so I probably undersold myself.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

So now that I've submitted my PNQ's (I wish I had thought to come here for editing advice, but oh well), I'm thinking about the actual QEP. How much does your foreign service exam score factor into it? I scored a 174 on the test proper, but thanks to trying to add an extra sentence with 15 seconds to go, my essay got pretty garbled and I only scored a 6. There's nothing I can do about it now, but I'm just curious.