Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hi everyone, just dropped in to say that I'm taking the test next month and I'm aware that the process is very hit or miss. I had a back up plan of going to South Korea to teach English/learn Korean.

Is there any problem with security clearance if I do live in South Korea for a couple years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have a quick question, I took the FSOT last week and have been preparing for the worst. My current plan has been to go to South Korea to teach English when I graduate from college in the Spring (that is if I don't actually make it through the whole FSO process).

I've been planning on immersing myself in the language for a couple years, hoping I can know enough to use it as a tool when I try to apply for the FSO again. Would I rather just be better off going to China to learn Mandarin, or is Korean just as valuable a language to the state department?