Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anthropolis
Jun 9, 2002

Some new info on the website about getting back to us with the schedule:

quote:

E-mail invitations to schedule a seat will be issued first to Management and Economic candidates beginning on August 31st, then to Consular candidates on September 2nd, and finally to Political and Public Diplomacy candidates on September 8th.

I just signed up - I'm a bit of a unique snowflake, because unlike you schlubs I'm still in lawschool (graduating December 2010). Hopefully that doesn't look too bad, but I'll gladly drop out if I get an offer before I can graduate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anthropolis
Jun 9, 2002

TCD posted:

I'd suggest you finish. As it is, you can typically defer an offer if you make it that far which would put you close to graduating, which usually takes months anyways to get passed the clearances, etc.

Thanks, I was wondering if it's possible to defer an offer once on the register - if so I will graduate. I figured there was a good chance I wouldn't get one until 2011 anyway but according to the FSOT Yahoo group the process is getting faster.

Anthropolis
Jun 9, 2002

xanthig posted:

I think this sums up the entire problem with the QEP. Also, gently caress McKinsey...

Thanks for QEP thoughts, guys. I suspect the other evil contribution from McKinsey are the management buzzword questions that have been showing up on the FSOT in the last few years. Here's an example from this great article about the FSOT:

quote:

A work group that has high performance norms and low cohesiveness will most likely have which of the following levels of performance: (A) Very high (B) High (C) Moderate (D) Low.

:what: Is there any way to get a handle on these questions besides reading tons of old Dilbert cartoons?

Anthropolis
Jun 9, 2002

I'm shocked to find that I also passed the QEP. I wish I knew Urdu, sorry CherryCola. We'll see how late I can schedule the oral assessment in a few days.