Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How much room does a cat (well, pair of cats) need?

I've been in the army the past decade, so it's only now that I'll be settling around Colorado that pets will even be an option since deployments are less likely instead of a certainty. The apartments I'll be moving into allow cats and dogs but they are designed with Single Soldiers in mind.

The cats I grew up with were generally outdoorsy, spending more time inside as they get older but this was in a quiet neighborhood in the suburbs-having cats in a small apartment with people all over outside is going to be another thing entirely. Are they going to get cabin fever?

I'm hoping to rescue a bonded pair/littermates. I had little luck with rescued cats compared to cats I raised from kittens, but it's probably the best way to go when I commit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

mawarannahr posted:

what's the general idea with clicker training? can I use it to stop kitten from running up to us and biting, or getting on the kitchen counter when we are cooking?
IIRC, it's paired with treats and exclusively for positive reinforcement, because you want them to associate the noise with them doing something right.