Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signal2182
Mar 6, 2007
Sharing the new kitten excitement...

There is a kitten (Harry, the Black Prince) currently being housed in the local Petsmart (I clean the cages once a week)who isn't doing well in the confined living quarters with multiple other kittens. I expressed concern for his welfare to the lady in charge and now I am taking him home on Friday. :)

I currently have two adult cats (3 years) who are litter mates. I am expecting a prolonged introduction stage since my two have never been around other animals of any kind and Harry has issues. I am hoping that most of Harry's issues are confinement and close quarters (4, 3-4 month old kittens in two connected cages with one litter box).

My plan is to put Harry in the bathroom with all needed supplies, and bring in several new cardboard boxes and fresh catnip for the rest of the house. My cats LOVE boxes (don't they all, though) and I hoping they'll be distracted for a little while. Long enough to get through the *Intruder!!* stage, anyway.

After some time passes, how much time would depend on how stage 1 went, I would switch the cats. Adults in the bathroom, Harry out exploring. Then continue switching places until hopefully all the cats display more curiosity than hostility.

At that point, I begin face-to-face introduction, and probably return to stage 1 to begin anew.

Do you see any flaws in my plan? Places for improvement?

Here is Harry's petfinder ad (he's probably doubled in size): http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14003235

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU