Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zex
May 3, 2007

I have some litter questions. Right now I have two cats, 9 months old and 4 months old. Two litter boxes right next to each other, probably going to cut it down to just one soon. I use Best Cat Litter in the World Extra Strength Formula for multiple cats. My problem is litterbox stink. I clean both boxes out a minimum of twice a day, usually three or more times though. My bathroom and room more often than not stink of cat poop pretty strongly. I thought this was just normal but a friend came over and said she has one cat and she only cleans out her box twice a week and it never stinks. This sounds crazy to me knowing how often I clean my box out. She used Arm and Hammer something, except it wasn't flushable I don't think. I'd prefer to just flush everything if possible. What I'm asking is what are some alternate litters I could try in one of the boxes? I can separate the boxes to test the smell and see if they take to the new litter. Any other tips for cutting down smell? Also could it possibly be because of my new younger cat? I remember as the 9 month old aged a little the stink cut back but it could have just been because I got used to it.

edit: Forgot to add the food I use is Blue Buffalo Longevity Kitten Formula. Could possibly moving to a different food make a difference? Maybe Solid Gold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU