Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm looking to buy a door with a cat door for my apartment so that my cats can get onto and off the deck easily and I can leave the cat box out there. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I buy the whole thing in one go or do I need to find and buy a door and then cut a hole in it for the cat door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
In that case where do I go about buying a door. Do they just sell them at home depot or Lowes?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Serious question. What's the maximum it is reasonable to pay to save a young cat's life. I already committed to the operation but I honestly don't know if I made the right call. He's 10-12 months old and even if he survives the operation he will probably be eating through a straw for a while. The vet seems optimistic but to be honest I'm new to this stuff. I've never put down a cat before and I feel like I probably pussed out.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

That's a very good post. Thank you. That helps a lot.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

A friend of mine's cat has FIP and isn't looking too good. The Vet says there is some sort of blackmarket cure for it? Is this a real thing or a scam? Does anyone have any experience with it?

A friend posted:

In case you have experience we are at the vet. Bento not looking good. They suspect may be FIP

Which I guess is short term fatal

Apparently there is black market for a cure and vet said all he can say is to research it

Ever heard of this?

Here is a picture of Bento for context, he's a very sweet and very stupid little boy.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Thank you all so much for your feedback! Great to hear that there’s hope! A huge improvement from what sounded like a death sentence earlier today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Talorat posted:

A friend of mine's cat has FIP and isn't looking too good. The Vet says there is some sort of blackmarket cure for it? Is this a real thing or a scam? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Here is a picture of Bento for context, he's a very sweet and very stupid little boy.

Circling back on this for closure and in case anyone else is curious. My friend worked with folks on the FIP Facebook groups to get the GS-441524 drug. Literally had to meet a guy in a parking lot like a common drug deal. My friend is very straight edge so it was hilariously out of pocket for him. The treatment course was 84 shots. The important part, it worked flawlessly.
Every shot was harder than the last because Bento was getting stronger every day as a result of the treatment. Apparently the people who run these Facebook groups know a lot about the treatment and he would actually have his vets forward the blood test results to them for dosage recommendations.

Anyways, should any of you guys end up in a similar situation, don’t be scared off by the sketchiness of the process, it really does work and it can save your cat’s life.