Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

giZm posted:

Yeah I realize it's a comfort thing, he does it to me when I pet him as well, but I just didn't think Ludmilla would let him do it. That's what I'm so astonished about.

A friend of mine's parents had an 8 year old male and a month or so old rescue they got. The kitten would suckle on the older cat, and he would sit there and roll over and start purring loudly. Hes a very, very weird cat though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

4R7 THi3F posted:

Also, she's been tracking her poop through the house after she uses her litter box. She goes to kick her poop, and then the poop sticks to the fur on her hindlegs. I discovered she had this problem a few days ago, at 2AM in the morning. After using her litter box, she jumped onto my bed and covered me, my bed, the walls, the floors, the carpets, etc with poop. My friend dubs this the Hurricane Chicken incident.

I have a 3 month old maine coon that did some of this. We got a much larger litter box and filled it much deeper. My other cat, a 4 year old (female) tabby apparently got tired of it and has been giving remedial hygiene lessons. Its pretty funny to watch.

No photos of the two available now. Its kind of scary how large this little guy is going to be. When we adopted him he was 3 pounds - at 8 weeks old.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

exactduckwoman posted:

(kittens are mostly concerned with running around and playing)

Its also kind of refreshing to see kitten antics annoy other cats as much as people.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HondaCivet posted:

Will he grow out of it?

I think this is what happened with my little kitten. Do you have older cats? Our two insisted on using the same litter box for whatever reason, and little Tig learned to emulate the older cat, Suzume.

Only one picture, of the cute little maine coon. Hes about twice as large now, I don't have a camera available.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 12, 2009

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Any suggestions for teething? My little almost 6 pound maine coon is starting to drive the other cat crazy (uh, moreso). Hes also currently chewing on a roll of paper towels that some how managed to get on the floor... gah...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fire In The Disco posted:

Two of my cats have these, and I delight in tormenting them by playing with them. I'd never cut them!

My little maine coon got litter stuck in them and had to get them trimmed a little, they've grown back and aren't a problem now.

Obligatory picture, hes 9 weeks old here:

Hes around 18 weeks old now, almost 6 lbs...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CraigK posted:

When do kittens tend to break out of the "ATTACK loving EVERYTHING" mode, usually?

The new kitten in the house hasn't really learned that faces, electrical cords, and the tail of the 20-pound Maine Coon in the house aren't exactly play toys yet.

I wouldn't worry about the Maine Coon... :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I've got nothing other than to say that that is the best "What the gently caress are you doing with that camera?" face ever.

Actually, I should say that my kitten gets a bit of crud around his nose, the vet said that its fine.