Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Booties posted:

I'll go look for some of that stuff this week. I've also heard of vinegar as a good neutralizing agent for the smell. The problem is that this is a messenger bag so I'm afraid to put it into the washer because of the velcro wearing out plastic clips melting a little. I can find out about the washing machine from a biking forum though.

Definitely try the vinegar! I wash my ferrets' bedding with regular laundry soap and vinegar, and it almost completely eliminates the smell. Not completely, but they are very musky. And if you're worried about the heat melting the clips, wash the bag in cold water. I had an old messenger bags I used to wash all the time, and the velcro wasn't affected at all by it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Vinegar actually dries odorless, so you may have some success there, but I've never heard anything but good things about Nature's Miracle and other enzymatic cleaners. In fact, it works wonders for ferret messes, so I highly recommend it.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Fire In The Disco posted:

Also, if they tend to be in cat piles often, they might get to cleaning each others' face. :3:

The GIS'd "cat pile." The results were mostly awesome, as you can imagine. :3:

Click here for the full 500x657 image.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

GILF Hunter, have you tried putting fliers up or asking around your apartment complex? If people know you're looking for a missing cat and you give them details on what he looks like, they might be able to tell you if they've seen him or even scoop him up and hold onto him for you. Otherwise, like you said, he's just another cat wandering around the place.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

This sounds weird, but have you tried showing them how to do it? You might want to try taking their paws while they're in the litter box and manipulating them in the motions of burying their poop to see if they'll catch on. I'm not a cat owner myself, but I've seen this suggested around PI several times before and the success rate seems reasonable enough that it would be worth a shot.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Microwave on high for approx. 7 minutes.

I intend to have some myself later; I kind of have to since the fat little poo poo ate my bread :argh:

You ought to be pleased since he saved you the trouble of stuffing him.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Crooked Booty posted:

As for the matting, some cats simply won't tolerate grooming.

This isn't really an acceptable excuse, though. Animals can be stubborn about things like medicine or grooming, but that doesn't give anyone a license to just let their neglect their pet's well-being. If your cat won't let you brush him and it gets to the point where his fur starts to mat, you should take him to a groomer to have professionals handle it, not just let it happen because the cat is being difficult.

There's no point in making excuses for something as easily remedied as matted fur. It does bring up the suspicion that the level of care is quite likely below par, but I agree that the best course of action would be for Teatime Prize to talk to the owners and then go to the RSPCA if he/she still has serious concerns after that.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Teatime Prize, sounds like you're doing all you can do. In situations like this, usually all you can do is sit back and wait for the authorities to come out and hope it changes the situation.

Crooked Booty, I figure it would just be more humane to shave a cat like that.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Dr. Waffles posted:

My kitties are getting bold around the apartment and following me into the bathroom. These cats are such little darlings, the thing is I can't let them into the windows during the day because the landlord made a secret agreement with me that I could have them as long as my neighbors didn't know.

Make sure you have this in writing because this could turn out very badly if the landlord suddenly decides you can't have them any more because neighbors complained.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

SWATJester posted:

Like I said, I don't believe it should be a first option. But I think if owners have tried various measures to mitigate the problem, without success, they should not be stigmatized for electing to declaw their cats.

I don't know, I think a lot of them should be. You're allergic to cats, even if only mildly. Why did you decide to adopt cats with issues when there was a high risk of being scratched, which sets you off? Even if you did try to correct the behavior with various methods, you probably shouldn't have adopted cats in the first place because of your allergies, especially when your ultimate solution was to mutilate them. You made a poor decision regarding animal ownership, hth.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

inky101 posted:

New cat! :toot:

I've named her Abby and she's chilling in the laundry right now, she's very loving but she seems to have no meow! :ohdear:

Looks like Abby got into the bleach. :D

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Panthrax posted:

Any suggestions for getting your rear end in a top hat cat to STOP CLAWING THE loving CARPET? I bought a sisal mat that he likes to use, and has been for the last several weeks, and I've never seen him clawing the carpet since I got it. But the last two or three days he's started up again. I've trimmed his claws to see if that helps, but loving cat.

Does he have any places that he is allowed to scratch? Cat trees with good sissal scratching posts work, or for a low budget option there are horizontal scratching posts like this. They also make them with replaceable cardboard inserts. If your kitty doesn't seem interested in it at first, you can try rubbing some catnip on it.

If that doesn't work, you can always try SoftPaws, plastic claw caps that prevent your cat from scratching things up. :)

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

RheaConfused posted:

Where I work they do it based on weight, so if he is truly a maine coon then he probably is plenty big enough. I'd have it done before he hurts himself... but when you say man parts what do you mean exactly?

Probably something like this (scroll down a bit)?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

A soft e-collar could possibly help get him out of the habit. He'd hate you, but he's a cat so that was already a given.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Annakie posted:

Help, PI. How do I make my otherwise happy and healthy kitten enjoy eating?

Have you tried different types of food, or do you need to be feeding him the Science Diet? He might just be a typical finicky cat, so trying out a few options may help you to figure out what he'll eat readily.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

nef posted:

:swoon: Beautiful kitty!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

RayneFire posted:

The vet also mentioned that its best for them to be on dry (for their teeth), which is the deciding factor really.

This is a really outdated school of thought, and in fact dry food is actually rather hard on pets' teeth.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Dear cat people, I want a cat. Please help.

So I'm moving into a new place soon that will allow me to have a cat, so I fully intend to take advantage of this if possible. The trouble is that there are a few snags that prevent me from just going down to the shelter and picking out the loviest fluffball I can find.

The first is that I have ferrets. I've seen cats and ferrets get along just fine, but I'm planning on getting an adult cat (ferrets are kitten-like enough for me, thanks) and I don't know how he/she would react to the ferrets. I'm almost certain it will be fine, but does anyone have any experience introducing adult cats and ferrets? The ferrets are caged during most of the day, but I let them roam for at least an hour a day and while I know they're fine with other animals, I want to be sure that the cat can co-exist with them without being aggressive or even fearful.

The second and main problem is that my boyfriend and best friend are both fairly allergic to cats. I don't live with either, but I would like them to be able to come to my house without their faces exploding. I've heard Russian Blues tend to work better for people with cat allergies, but after doing some research into purebreed rescues, it doesn't seem like there are many purebreds actually available anywhere and that most "Russian Blue" cats or mixes listed in shelters are just ordinary gray cats.

What breed the cat is doesn't matter to me at all. I don't even have a preference for color, I just want a nice cat. Short of bringing my boyfriend down to the shelter with me and rubbing his face with cats to see which doesn't make him sneeze, what can I do? I don't want to have to just have them resort to Benadryl every time they come over, so if I can't get past this problem I can't get a cat. :( How do I find a cat they won't have bad allergic reactions to?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Serella posted:

Dear cat people, I want a cat. Please help.

So I'm moving into a new place soon that will allow me to have a cat, so I fully intend to take advantage of this if possible. The trouble is that there are a few snags that prevent me from just going down to the shelter and picking out the loviest fluffball I can find.

The first is that I have ferrets. I've seen cats and ferrets get along just fine, but I'm planning on getting an adult cat (ferrets are kitten-like enough for me, thanks) and I don't know how he/she would react to the ferrets. I'm almost certain it will be fine, but does anyone have any experience introducing adult cats and ferrets? The ferrets are caged during most of the day, but I let them roam for at least an hour a day and while I know they're fine with other animals, I want to be sure that the cat can co-exist with them without being aggressive or even fearful.

The second and main problem is that my boyfriend and best friend are both fairly allergic to cats. I don't live with either, but I would like them to be able to come to my house without their faces exploding. I've heard Russian Blues tend to work better for people with cat allergies, but after doing some research into purebreed rescues, it doesn't seem like there are many purebreds actually available anywhere and that most "Russian Blue" cats or mixes listed in shelters are just ordinary gray cats.

What breed the cat is doesn't matter to me at all. I don't even have a preference for color, I just want a nice cat. Short of bringing my boyfriend down to the shelter with me and rubbing his face with cats to see which doesn't make him sneeze, what can I do? I don't want to have to just have them resort to Benadryl every time they come over, so if I can't get past this problem I can't get a cat. :( How do I find a cat they won't have bad allergic reactions to?

I don't think anyone noticed me. :saddowns: Any help or advice?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Crooked Booty posted:

Sorry that's not very helpful, and I probably didn't say anything you didn't already know, but I noticed you. :downs:

No, it was very helpful. I had a bad feeling that I would probably need to bring the cat home and see how it went. I don't like the idea of keeping the cat out of the bedroom since it's not a huge place and the whole point of me getting a cat is because I want a pet I can spend a more chill, one-on-one time with, but it's definitely an idea to kick around.

I'll also see how the shelters around here about "home trials." Maybe a private rescue would be more flexible, so I'll make some calls.

justFaye posted:

I can't say I have much advice, but I can share our story. Our cat was labeled as a "Russian Blue mix" at the shelter, and since I can't really attest to the validity of the Russian Blueness, I will say that our friend who is quite allergic to cats has no problem with ours. Whether this is related to her claimed Russian Blue side or if it's just because she's awesome, we'll never know.

Edit: Second story! When I was growing up, my family had two cats. One from when I was baby to the age of 17 and the other in my teens and after I left for college. My mother is highly allergic to cats. The cats were not allowed in my parents' bedroom or on any furniture (except the stuff in my room) and we vacuumed regularly. My mother didn't have severe allergies except when she had to handle the cats.

Thanks for the anecdotes. The way our schedules are, my boyfriend is only over a few times a week, so hopefully it will be either enough exposure to help him adjust to my particular cat or not enough to particularly bother him.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Ok, so I have some questions about a cat I should be getting next week. I am adopting him from my coworker, and he is declawed on all four paws (she adopted him that way as well). What does this mean for his ability to use cat trees and jump up on things? I'd like to get him a cat tree, but I'm trying to figure out what kind would be best since I don't want to get one he wouldn't be able to fully use. Would he be able to reach upper levels without his claws?

Secondly, he is kind of fat. Actually, he's like a 7 or 8 on that cat weight chart, so I guess what I'm saying is that he's pretty fat. I'm planning on transitioning him on a good weight management food and also taking him off of free-feeding, which is apparently where his weight problem comes from. What is a good feeding amount/schedule? I guess I can figure out the amount based on the calories when I choose a food, but would it be best to feed once or twice a day?

Lastly, I need some litter box suggestions. The problem mainly resides in the fact that my ferrets are stupid and like to snuffle around in grainy litter (which is why I use Yesterday's News for their box), so I was thinking of going with the Rubbermaid tub with a hole cut in the top to keep them out of it. Do you think a fat cat would be able to jump up into the box? I'm just worried he wouldn't even make the connection that it's his new litter box since I think he uses regular ones right now. Maybe if I left the lid off for the first week or so until I was sure he got it? Should I try Cat Attract to be sure?

Clearly, I am very anxious and excited about getting this cat, which is why I have a zillion questions. I've never had a cat before, so I have no anecdotes or experience of my own to go by, so any info regarding fat, declawed cats would be super helpful. :shobon: I also need to think of a new name for him since his current one is terrible. :)

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Thanks for the quick response. I'm heading to the store this afternoon to pick up what stuff I'll need for him. Luckily, I've already got a lot of stuff for the ferrets that will be just fine to share with the cat, like treats and toys. I probably won't pick up a cat tree for a few weeks, but it's good to know that he'll be able to use it.

I think I may do a split of wet and dry feeding, or at least give one meal of wet food every few days. Something tells me this cat won't be picky. Thanks again for that website detailing weight loss info, I'm sure it'll come in handy. I'll have to pick up a new scale since the one I use for the ferrets is pretty small. I hope the new cat likes laser pens too, since he's going to need the exercise. :P

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

invalid posted:

I suppose I am, but perhaps skittish is the wrong word. She's just scared of the other cat. They've come a long, but up until a week and a half ago I was keeping them seperated.

I figured this would be best for both the cats and the people.

It's just a lot of change in a short period of time, especially as most cats aren't good with change. I still don't understand why your girlfriend's father can't get his own cat and needs to take one of yours when you clearly want to keep them. He's sick and probably wants a companion, but why does it have to be one of your cats when that was only ever a back-up plan?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

CompactFanny posted:

Ok cat ladies. Help.

I brought home a second cat on Friday to try and remedy Oliver's HORRIBLE biting habit. Ollie has been doing a lot better recently, but he is still nowhere where he should be. Also I suspect he'll never be a pettin' cat.

My boss has been trying to pawn off her 5 year old tuxedo girl for about a month, and so when we decided to get the second cat, we went to her. So here she is! I set her up in the master bath with a litterbox, food and water, a baby blanket to lay on and a soft chaser toy to bat about.

She hates me. She hates everyone and everything. She straight up attacks you when you open the door- I can't take a poo poo, let alone shower. I've been using the other bathroom. If she can hear you on the other side of the door, she starts growling. Oliver is extremely interested to find out what is in there but little does he know SHE IS DANGEROUS.

She's been hanging out in the tub for a long while, but then she pooped and peed in there so I guess now she's moved on to laying on the bath mat. I don't think she's eaten anything yet and she's been here for 24 hours.

Now I have two problems.

Help :smith:

I don't have any helpful advice, but I guess it makes sense that she's been trying to give them drat cat away. I wish people were more upfront about their animals' behavioral problems instead of just dumping them on other people and letting them have a nasty surprise.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Red Robin Hood posted:

I read through the entire FAQ but I either missed it or it wasn't in there. I'm curious about cat treats. I just adopted a 1.5 year old female cat from my local shelter and she's a sweetheart, and I would like to reward her good-doings with some cat treats. Cat nip is good and I have some of that but I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with the cat treats that come in the little bags... awhile back my mom's cat's vet talked about how giving the cat too many treats like that can actually be harmful. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you use treats properly and don't overdo it, there isn't much harm they can do. Giving them too many treats is definitely not good as treats are not nutritionally complete and your cat should be filling that stomach space with actual food. My recommendation is to go for high quality brands and avoid the ones that have too much junk. Greenies are a popular favorite around PI. They're supposed to be good for your cat's teeth and I've rarely heard of a cat disliking them.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

BeefofAges posted:

I would appreciate some advice. My cat is vomiting up food.

Sex: Female.
How long have you had your cat? A bit over a month.
Is your cat spayed or neutered? Yes.
What food do you use? Iams Healthy Naturals (it had the highest ratio of actual meat to corn and rice meal of all of the foods available at the store).
When was your last vet visit? Just a few weeks ago.
Is your cat indoors, outdoors, both? Indoors.
How many pets in your household? 2 cats (both adopted at the same time).
How many litter boxes do you have? 1. It's big and scooped regularly.

My cat is kind of fat. Not completely obese, but definitely chunky. She's always the first one to the food bowl when it's refilled (1/2 cup of dry food in the morning, 1/2 cup in the evening), and she often eats, rests for a few minutes, then goes back and eats some more. This is bad enough, but then she sometimes throws up some food. I think she's just overeating. If she was an only cat, I'd just ration her food, but I don't want to starve the other cat. Does anyone have suggestions, or should I just go back to the vet? Thanks.

This sounds kind of like my cat, actually. He's a smidge overweight and when I first got him, he would gorge himself on food and then barf it back up most undigested a few minutes later. I came up with a feeding schedule where he gets three small meals a day -- a little bit of kibble in the morning before I go to work, part of a can of wet food when I get home from work in the evening, and a little bit of kibble just before I go to bed.

This way, he gets enough food, and it keeps him on a good schedule where he's never too far away from having eaten food, so he doesn't feel like he's "starving" and just binge on the food the second he gets it. I think it could work for both of your cats, and you wouldn't be starving either of them just by keeping them on a schedule. Both cats should figure out fast when mealtimes are and actually eat when they should. Of course, you always have to keep a close eye on how your cat is eating since they can be fussy and weird about it, but it's definitely something that worked for me.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

SubbyMinx posted:

Not sure about trimming their claws. It might help, but I doubt it'll stop them climbing all together. They'll still try, and probably just destroy the lower portion of the wall!!!

Trim their caws and cap them. Softpaws are a great way to keep your cats from destroying things.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

pandaid posted:

It's 3 am and I am awake after cleaning up another messy litter box episode. She got it on her foot again and decided that she needed to shake her foot as she walked around my apartment, because there was something funny feeling on it.

background: kitty is got a bad stomach from a long course of antibiotics. Giving some canned pumpkin daily and tried everything else I could think of. She goes 2x a day and drinks plenty of water and has wet food. Been in touch with vet, and have just gotten some Forta Flora cat probiotics.

I'm tired of cleaning up poop. She's going in the litterbox, but she's just tracking it everywhere.

Please, someone tell me it's going to get better. Tell me this is normal for antibiotics and her stomach will get better without heroic efforts. They said to give the probiotics a week. She's been a walking vet bill since I got her 1.5 months ago, and while I love her and will stick this out with her, I'm tired and broke.

How big is your litter box? If it's a standard-sized one, you may want to try a Littermaid tub where she'll have enough room to do her business without getting it on herself when she buries it.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

So my cat was at the vet the other day for some issues, and today he's sneezed a few times so I'm worried he may have picked up a bit of a kitty cold while he was there. He only sneezed 3 times all day, but I'm completely paranoid that he's getting sick two days before I'm going out of town because he's going to be boarded for 4-5 days. It may be nothing, but for reference, what do you do if your cat gets a cold/URI? Is a vet visit necessary, or do they just tough it out like people do? His appetite is still good and he's acting normal otherwise. Am I just worrying too much? He's my first cat and within only 3 months of having him he's already ended up with struvite crystals so I'm super concerned. :ohdear:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Crooked Booty posted:

1) if their nose is stuffy enough, they can't smell their food, so they stop eating

Ha. My cat doesn't know the meaning of "stop eating." Thanks for the info, though. I'm not sure if he's actually sick yet.

Also, one more question. Why the gently caress does my cat freak out and bite me sometimes? He just did this and now I have some angry-looking welts on my arm from being bitten twice, though it didn't break the skin because I'm wearing long sleeves. He was sitting on the other side of the bed, and I was shaking my hair out a bit to try and get the elastic band untangled, and a second after I finished and put my arm down, he rushed over, bit me, and hissed, followed by another quick nip.

Needless to say, I shoved his rude rear end off the bed, but he was back 10 seconds later looking for love and purring like nothing ever happened. What the hell. Do all cats do this?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

duckfarts posted:

As for Serella's cat also hissing, that part's more unusual. From my experience, when cats want to play, they'll be excited, make mrowry "startin' somethin'" noises and puff up, but they'll never hiss or spit. If your cat can snap out of it quickly, maybe your cat indeed just wants to play and is role-playing it up a bit much.

That's exactly what I thought too. He's nipped me before when I play with him, but always a more deliberate, playful bite and not very hard. I think he just got freaked out by me shaking my hair (there is quite a lot of it), but he's never really flipped like that.

Also, I think he may be part weasel. Five minutes ago he was on the arm of the couch. Now he's between me and the laptop with his head on my wrist. How did you get here, houdini cat?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

I miss my cat. Got home from a 4&1/2 day vacation and can't pick up my kitty at the kennel until tomorrow after work. Meanwhile, I'm sick as hell and want my big snuggly kitty to make me feel better. I hope he won't be mad at me for leaving him. :ohdear:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Abbeh posted:

Anyone have a good cat centered charity I could donate to in Fry's name? I usually donate to Best Friends, but I wouldn't mind sending someone else a bit of cash instead. Also, we wont be getting his body back (I'm so angry about this, it's the stupidest thing ever, especially since his rabies cert. was on file AT the vet) so is there anyone who knows of a good memorial? A marker or small statuet we could put in the yard for him?

Just wondering, did you happen to ask the vet about the possibility of cremation? If they're keeping the body due to health concerns, cremation should be a safe option for you to get his remains back, and then you'd have a memento to keep or a chance to spread the ashes if you preferred.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Abbeh posted:

Since Ed refuses to play with his toys, I think we'll bury a few of those instead of fighting to get the ashes. A tree is a really nice idea - I've wanted to try to grow a persimmon tree in the yard (in theory it could work) and they're kind of sweet and weird like he was. There are some really nice marker stones for pets on etsy, so I might get one of those too.

Ed is usually pretty stand-offish and not a fan of cuddling or anything like that, but she's been cuddling with us all day and when I was in the bathroom while everyone else was out, she sat in the hall and cried :smith: she was such a huge bitch to Fry when we got him, but now I think she misses him a lot. Zoso has been grumpy and sleeping all day, but that's pretty normal for him...

I know it's probably the last thing on your mind right now, but I do hope at some point you will let the vet's office know they can get hosed. That is a seriously horrible way to treat someone who has just lost a pet.

The tree idea does sound really nice, though.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I definitely don't want to deal with her being fat, I want her to be healthy. I've already switched brands of food today (today was volunteer day at PetSmart so it was convenient). Using the nutrition thread as guidance I got Blue Buffalo (the highest thing on the list they actually sold) and am weaning them both onto that food instead. I got a scoop, too, so it should be easy to stick to a schedule.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Also, try splitting the food into several smaller meals. That way fatty cat feels like she's eating more because she's eating more frequently. My hog kitty gets three meals a day -- two moderate and one tiny -- and it stopped him from barfing from either hunger or binging.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Rrail posted:

I finally found them a few hours after that post. The wife/mother said that he's just old, and that the he's already been to the vet. She couldn't tell me what specifically was wrong with him but I didn't press it. She said they don't really expect him to live through the holidays; he is 12 or 13 years old. :( I like him a lot, he is such a nice giant cat, it's too bad really. Also my dog really liked him and was really sweet to him after some time, and the cat would try to clean the dog.

Already been to the vet, but when? How is he being treated, since he's obviously sick? Sounds fishy to me, like they don't want to take care of their cat.

Also, 12 or 13 is not particularly old for a cat. Most live past 15, a good lifespan being between 18-20.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Kerfuffle posted:

Thanks for the tips so far, I just read this in the current declaw thread about declawed cats not liking to use the litter box because it's irritating

Hoping hard this isn't the case for my cat, I want him to LIVE :smith:

But I guess he goes outside currently in dirt and bark and poo poo so I don't know maybe it will be fine.

I would think that that would mostly apply to cats that were recently declawed. If you cat has been walking around without pain and outside a lot as well, I doubt he'll have serious issues as far as the feeling of litter under his paws.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Abbeh posted:

Currently their names are Yogi and Berra, but we'll definitely be changing names. My husband is leaning towards Zoidberg and The Professor, while I'm leaning towards Arthur and Zaphod. I guess we'll have to meet them to decide for sure.

It really would have to be Arthur and Ford.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Abbeh posted:

All cats love a good rear end slapping and will back that thang up until you start slapping it around. I wish I was making this up.

fixed this for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

pandaid posted:

Is it possible for a cat to be intolerant to chicken wet food, and not chicken kibble? Also, it only seems to be when chicken is the main ingredient, not when there's any chicken in it. I only have three data points so far, but it seems that chicken baby food was NOT as easy to digest as the vet implied.

I would imagine pets may have mild intolerances to things the same way that people can. Some people are mildly lactose intolerant and can eat dairy, but only in small amount. Also, chicken baby food is basically just chicken, maybe with some preservatives, whereas in dry food it may represent a significantly smaller percentage of the total food bulk. Perhaps the baby food was just TOO MUCH CHICKEN for your kitty.