Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I just adopted a 6-year-old cat who had been in the shelter for 5 years, and after crying about how sad that was, I realized I need to make a better tag. She has two right now: one for the shelter and one for the microchip service. Is a tag like this with the following information on the right track?

Tag Front posted:

Charmer
Indoor Cat Only
Reward if Found
Needs Daily Medication
[My Phone No.] (unsure about this one)

Tag Back posted:

Microchipped
[Chip ID No.]
Visit Website / Call
24PetWatch.com
1-866-597-2424 (24PW's phone number)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

One of my fine young men has made a habit of specifically drinking water out of dripping faucets. I’m wondering if he may enjoy a cat fountain or if the thrill is all in getting it from sinks. Does anyone have a successful cat fountain in their home?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

We had a similar issue with one of our boys. I fashioned a foam board completely covered in aluminum foil that covers about 2 ft. square and attached it to the door. Pros? All he does now is meow quietly then calm down and do his chill routine. Cons? Affixing adhesive Velcro to the door may have consequences later. :v: Better than taping it directly to the door I guess?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

this is my buddy peep:

I love Peep and Peep’s story a lot—thank you for sharing the beautiful white kitty and his new tower in his loving home where you can visit him and give him pets!

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I’m so sorry, cash crab. It sounds like you gave her a beautiful life. You did well by her to the end.

I relate—a whole lot—to fearing the worst for a new adoption because of past adopts having a rough one. I can’t promise you that the next one will be in perfect health, but I can tell you that it’s possible. Take your time, and trust your instinct when your partner and you think you’re ready. Tandy has your partner and you to lean on, and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Holy poo poo, I’m glad it worked so well for him! Thank you for sharing

cash crab posted:

https://www.adoptapet.com/pet/41215861-toronto-ontario-cat

here’s her profile! sadly i was so overwhelmed with love that i forgot to take a picture of her hilarious corndog tail
She’s perfect :kimchi: