Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY
Just a heads up since I didn't see this posted here in this thread, there are coupons for anyone who is looking for Cat Trees and Beds from Armarkat.com which give you 10% off and free shipping. I will post them for your kitty pleasure!

TJSDCPTEN

esycdy

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY
So I ordered this Cat Tree from Armarkat!

http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-a5801/prod_15.html

Anyone have this one? Good/Bad Feedback?

Our kittens are coming on Tuesday! Will post pictures of the little shits when they get home!

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY
So we finally got the kittens! One brother and sister, and they are about 12 weeks old. My question is that the male actually will go up to the female and start suckling on her fur. I know that this has to do with an early wean from the mother, but is it something that the kitten will grow out of or something that needs to be trained out of the cat (ie water bottle, etc.)

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY

ChairmanMeow posted:

Does it bother the female? If it doesn't I would just let him be and see if it grows out of it, it can be a comfort thing, a few cats will do it forever. (this is my opinion of course)

Congrats on the new bundles of fur!

Doesn't seem to bother her! That's what I figured, but I will keep tabs on it and see! Thanks!

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY
Another Kitten Question!

We got our two kittens about a month ago and everything is fine and well. This question regards the litterbox and how they don't bury their shits/pees/whatevers. The thing about it is though is I have tried the "bury the litter with their paws" trick and they don't seem to be getting it. What they do in a medium sized litter box with a cover is they will do their thing and then scratch at the sides of the litter box. I think they think they are burying, when they are not. Interesting stuff. If anyone has any suggestions to this that would be great.

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY

evelynevvie posted:

Have you tried a larger box, or more boxes? If you can catch them "in the act" maybe try the paw-scoopy trick (as I will now call it) and bury it to show them?

I have tried the paw scoopy trick and they just look at me and then proceed to get upset and run away. I think a bigger box is the next step

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY
Kitty question for all of you.

Got ourselves 2 kitties about 3 months ago. Very very good kitties. Probably the best behaving kitties that I have ever had. (I strongly believe that it's because we got 2 and I endorse getting 2 kitties if you are going to get any)

They are a little over 6 months now, and the question has to do with the litter box. They use it, and use it frequently, but they don't bury their business and when they make the attempt to bury, they scratch at the side walls of the box for about 20 seconds before they eventually give up and move on to other kitty things. I was reading up on this and the only thing I found is that it could be the litter. (we use swheat scoop btw) The box is plenty big enough with no top for kitty pleasure.

any thoughts goons/goonettes?

edit: what do you all use for litter?

while you think, here's some visual aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY

Fire In The Disco posted:

You could try two litter boxes and/or a change in litter, but honestly? Some cats just don't bury. There's really not much that I've ever been able to find that helps it. Sorry dude. :(

Thats alright! I'm probably going to change the litter once this runs out. It's funny because they try so hard to do so. It's not a huge deal anyways. We scoop the litter at least twice a day anyways.

anywho - feel free to throw some litter recommendations my way. The girlfriend is intent on trying the crystal litter. Any feedback on it?