Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i saw dasein
Apr 7, 2004

Written postery is worth reading once, and then should be destroyed. Let the dead posters make way for others... ~
I have a question, hopefully not one that's too retarded. We got a kitten last week and mostly everything is going great, she is very fun, cute and generally pretty good. BUT for some reason she has decided to pee on our bed. She is litter trained and happily uses her box most of the time. She has peed on our bed twice- the first time I came home, we played and cuddled for a bit, and we ended up on the bed. I noticed she was quiet, and saw that she had peed. The second time was this morning. She slept on our bed with us, everything was fine, she got up and started playing with us (whether we liked it or not) and then decided to pee again.

I dunno what is going on, she saw the vet yesterday and he said she was completely healthy. She's fine with the litter box most of the time. She is getting LOTS of attention and basically is being treated well. Very frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i saw dasein
Apr 7, 2004

Written postery is worth reading once, and then should be destroyed. Let the dead posters make way for others... ~

Captain Foxy posted:

Did you specifically discuss the peeing outside the box or was it just a general check up?

It was just a general check up. If she keeps this up we'll take her back to check to see if she has a UTI.

She doesn't have any other symptoms of a UTI that I can tell, she seems to have no trouble peeing normally, etc.

Ceridwin posted:

How old is she? How far away is the box from your bed? How easily can she get back to the bed from the floor?

She is 12 weeks. The box is a room away (we live in a 1 bedroom apartment). The bed is very low, our frame practically rests on the floor and we don't have a box spring. We live like animals/children :blush:

I'm trying not to worry about it, I think it is a stress thing and probably related to her getting used to her new home. Thanks for any advice!