Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I've been thinking about adopting an older cat as a companion to my cat who is about 8 years old. I think she would be jealous and hate me if I brought a kitten home, but that's my human brain thinking so I don't know. I just feel bad because I'm working more now and she is alone most of the day. Anyone else have experience introducing a new (not younger) cat into a house with an older cat who is used to living in a 1 cat household?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Sorry if this has been covered but I am planning on adopting 2 kittens this summer and have been looking into the litter robot. I'm not worried about the money but if keeping the thing clean is still more than its worth. Any advice on it?

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Bringing these 2 home on Monday. They are 3 mos. brother and sister. We have everything set up in the bedroom for their arrival and acclimation, but we hope to keep the litter box in a different part of the house. Can we move it to its permanent spot as soon as they start venturing out of the bedroom? Also does anyone keep their litter box in a bathtub, not sure if they will be able to jump in and out of there.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Oh my god these kittens are so good. They left the carrier right away to start exploring the room, playing, chasing eachother. One use the litterbox immediately. Then they jumped on the bed with us and fell asleep in our arms. So happy right now. Ill blow up the thread with pics later.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Anything good or bad to say about Nulo food? The kittens are 6 months now and they stopped liking the cans of instinct kitten food. The Nulo is slightly lower protein/fat and also fewer calories per can but they seem to really like it so hopefully thats all that matters with this food.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I tried nomnom fresh cat food service. They like the food and its pretty convenient. Anyone have experience using them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I cancelled nomnomnow after 2 months. The food quality seemed really good. They loved the fish one much more than the chicken one. But the main issue I had is that the packaging was wildly inconsistent. The main draw for me was the supposed custom portions based on the survey, but I found absolutely no difference in the deliveries based on the activity levels I provided. And there was so much variation from one packet to the next. Like the bags are supposed to be 70g but I've had some as low as 50g and some were stuffed over 110g. Since I was getting food for two cats I was able to mix and match and weigh them out more evenly but if it was just one cat there would be a lot of calorie fluctuation from one day to the next. So I'm just thinking if this core point of the product is being neglected what other kinds of stuff is going on with that food.