Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redshirt 3
Dec 2, 2004

World Domination? I'll leave that to the religious nuts or the Republicans, thank you

HondaCivet posted:

Anyway, I have my own question. A weird thing happened today. Me, my boyfriend, and our two four-month old kittens were all chillin' on the couch. Both were either sleeping or in a tremendously sleepy state. Then, out of nowhere, one of them essentially tipped his head over the side of the couch, coughed up a little bit of vomit onto the floor, and went back to sleep. It was not a large amount of vomit, just a few very small chunks, almost like a spray. At no point during the morning did he act like he was feeling sick. Is this . . . something to be concerned about, or is this sort of normal?

I have kind of the same question, my cat has been puking a few times over the last couple weeks and I wondered if there could be a problem, or he's just eating too fast or something. I heard here once that some cats are just 'pukey', so is this vet-worthy? He seems perfectly normal apart from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redshirt 3
Dec 2, 2004

World Domination? I'll leave that to the religious nuts or the Republicans, thank you
Hmm well he's done it before on the odd rare occasion, but he has done it several times in the last few weeks which is more than normal. We haven't changed anything around the house. Can cats voluntarily control puking? cos one of the times was when the little bastard threw a shitfit about my fiancee not cleaning the litter box soon enough, and pissed on his jacket, shat in the bed, and puked on the floor. Which was nice. :argh:

Redshirt 3
Dec 2, 2004

Meow Cadet posted:

That definitely sounds like you should see a vet.

After I posted that I actually thought someone would say that, so i just want to qualify what I said. Thing is, he's done the whole 'poo poo on the bed and pee everywhere' thing a couple of times in the past, and it's always been a litterbox revenge thing. You know, the really obvious staring at you while doing it to make a point kind of cat rear end in a top hat thing. It was just the puking that worried me. He seems perfectly normal otherwise, bouncing around vigorously, so I'm inclined to dismiss it, but if people here think its still worthy of a vet check up I will definitely take him in.